Comic Pressing at its Best
- The Comic Doctor offers comic pressing at its best! Kevin and his team have pressed and cleaned thousands of comic books and have offered this service to comic book enthusiasts since 2013. We have worked with many American collectors and can provide references if need be.
- Kevin is available to speak by phone. Email is wonderful, but it is always reassuring to know that the person handling your comic books is ready and willing to speak with you should the need arise. Our toll-free number, 1-(888) 852-7762, was set-up specifically for our American clients. If you want to discuss the pressing, cleaning and grading process prior to making a decision, Kevin would be more than happy to speak with you – just give him a call!
- Simply put: We do good work. The Comic Doctor team offers the best comic pressing service. We are reliable, organized and take customer service seriously. Please visit our testimonial page and Google reviews to hear directly from our current clients.
- Our prices are very competitive. Also, since our prices are in Canadian dollars, American clients save even more with the current exchange rate.
- The Comic Doctor is an authorized CGC submission center. We send comics to CGC’s three to four times each month. Comics ship directly back to American clients from CGC’s Sarasota headquarters!
- Aside from being an avid comic book collector and conservator, Kevin has been a secondary school teacher since 1997. He is a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT), and as such, is bound by the professional standards outlined by the college. Members of the OCT, in their position of trust, demonstrate responsibility in their relationships with students, parents, guardians, colleagues, educational partners, other professionals, the environment and the public.
Your Comic Books are Insured
Each customer has varying needs: Some have dozens of books that when packaged together are quite valuable, while others have one or two comic books that are valuable all on their own. Whatever the case maybe for you, rest easy knowing that your comics are insured while in my care. In fact, return shipping insurance is even covered, which is quite a savings considering USPS & Canada Post charge an arm and a leg for this service. Before sending comics, all clients must complete the Comic Doctor online submission form. Clients must indicate the value of each comic book on this form. The best comic pressing service should realize that every comic, regardless of value, must be kept safe and, if need be, insured.
You Don’t Pay for Pressing Until the Job is Done
Once received, comics will be placed in queue for service. Upon completion, clients will receive an invoice indicating that the work order is done. Once payment is received through Square (Visa, MC or AMEX), the comics will promptly be shipped. If comics are being graded by CGC, they will ship directly back to you from CGC’s headquarters in Sarasota, Florida.
USPS Rates & Shipping to and from Canada
USPS rates to Canada from the United States are very reasonable. These rates include tracking to Canadian destinations. We have been shipping packages to the United States for years, and have honestly never encountered a problem. Aside from USPS, clients may prefer to use FedEx, UPS or another service. Which ever you choose, full tracking is available to my location (postal code L1K2W7). We are located just 30 minutes east of Toronto in Oshawa, Ontario. Know that your books are being sent directly to me and not a P.O. Box or an understaffed postal outlet. All of the carriers mentioned above also provide additional insurance should you wish to insure your books for their trip to the Comic Doctor’s office.
All parcels will be returned to customers in the USA using FedEx Ground service. This service has proven to be not only safe and reliable, but economical as well.
When comics are being sent for pressing and/or cleaning. It is important to inform customs why the books are being sent in the first place. Be sure to pack your submission form with your comic books. Indicate on the commercial invoice that the comics have NOT been sold, but rather, are being sent for conservation service, and that the books will be returned to you, the owner, once the service is completed. I will, of course, ensure that similar documentation is included with your return package, to ensure no delays are encountered or customs fees charged. If you have any questions about preparing your shipment and the commercial invoice, please contact Kevin.
Remember, if you are looking for the best comic pressing service, you have come to the right place! The Comic Doctor team looks very forward to working with you!