Congratulations! The Comic Doctor (hereinafter referred to as “TCD”) has agreed to pre-screen your comic book(s) and determine whether or not they will benefit from dry cleaning and/or pressing. Then, for a reasonable fee, TCD will employ various techniques to improve the appearance, grade, and hence, the value of your comic book(s). In submitting comic books, you, the client, acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions outlined below:
- When presenting/shipping comic books to TCD, the client will ensure that the book(s) are safely and securely packed and adequately insured for the proper value of the book(s). This is the sole responsibility of the client, even for return shipping after completion of TCD’s procedure.
- TCD will take many precautions to ensure that no damage is caused to your book(s) or that your book(s) are not lost, while in the care and control of TCD, However, notwithstanding the foregoing, there is always some risk that a client’s book(s) may suffer damage or loss, either during handling, treatment or otherwise. The client unilaterally accepts and assumes all such risk when submitting the book(s) to TCD.
- TCD, or any of his employees, assigns, sub-contractors or business partners/associates, will not be held responsible or liable for any damage suffered by your book(s), or loss of such book(s), during transport, handling, treatment or otherwise. Any attempt(s) by TCD, its employees, sub-contractors, assigns, or business partners/ associates to repair any such damage or to recognize such loss is made without accepting responsibility for such damage or loss, and is not an acknowledgement of fault for such damage or loss.
Furthermore, by signing in the specified area on the front of this invoice, you, the client, acknowledges that they have read and understand all of the enumerated terms and conditions, authorizes TCD, his employees, sub-contractors, assigns, or business partners/ associates to proceed with the work order and assumes any and all risks as outlined or otherwise, and indemnifies TCD from any damage or liability that may result as a product of
THE COMIC DOCTOR:
- Will pre-screen all comic book(s) submitted and identify which books will benefit most from dry cleaning and/or pressing. This service is free of charge at comic shows. There is a nominal fee for this service otherwise.
- TCD works on a first come – first served basis. That being said, TCD will provide an approximate date indicating when the cleaning and/ or pressing service will be completed, and will promptly contact the client to discuss pick-up or delivery options. TCD will work tirelessly to return the client’s book(s) in a timely fashion, however, delays can occur. If a delay cannot be avoided, TCD will contact the client and reschedule the completion date.
- Each comic book serviced by TCD will be returned to the client in a new comic bag and will be double boarded to ensure optimal protection.
- All bags, boards and/or protective cases that accompany your comics upon submission will be disposed of and/ or recycled.
- Before returning comic books to the client, TCD will ensure that all books are securely and safely packed.
- Upon full payment of the work order, TCD will contact the client and arrange for pick-up or delivery of the book(s).
FOR BOOKS BEING SUBMITTED FOR GRADING
These terms and conditions apply to the services (“Services”) ordered by you (“Customer”) and described in the “Ordering” section of this submission form (“Submission Form”):
- The Certified Collectibles Group of Companies to which this Submission Form is submitted (Certified Guaranty Company “CGC” and/or Classic Collectible Services “CCS”)(the “Company”) will use commercially reasonable efforts to perform the Services in accordance with the then-current description of such Services, and within the time frames and the guarantee (“Guarantee”), set forth on Company’s website. Customer is urged to refer to the Guarantee on the CGCcomics.com website to understand the benefits and protections afforded to Customer and the limitations applicable to the Guarantee.
- Company’s sole and exclusive liability and Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for Company’s failure to comply with its obligations under Section 1 of these terms and conditions shall be pursuant to the current applicable Guarantee for such Services set forth under “Comic Grading” on the CGCcomics.com website, the terms of which are incorporated by reference herein.
- Company has the right in its sole discretion to reject any items submitted for Services in cases where the submitted items do not comply with Company’s then-current standards and procedures set forth on Company’s website. Because Company must still receive, track and examine each rejected item, fees for Services shall not be refunded for such rejected items.
- Company will use reasonable care with respect to items submitted to it for Services. However, in the event that Company determines that an item was lost or damaged while in Company’s possession, Company will compensate Customer based upon Company’s good faith determination of the fair market value of the item, in light of what Company believes to be reliable current market information. The amount of the compensation will not necessarily be based upon, but in no event will exceed, Customer’s stated insured value of the item set forth in this Submission Form.
- Customer must inspect all items immediately upon receipt from Company. Company shall have no liability for any damage or errors unless reported to Company within five (5) days of Customer’s receipt of the items.
- Customer agrees to return to Company, at Company’s expense, any item bearing a clerical error for which Services have been provided by Company. Company will, at its expense, correct the clerical error and return the corrected item to Customer. Customer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Company and its affiliates, and all of its and their respective employees, officers, directors and agents, harmless from and against all claims, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) relating to or arising directly or indirectly from Customer’s failure to comply with this Section 7.
- EXCEPT FOR ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, COMPANY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING COMPANY AND/OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THE APPLICABLE GUARANTEE, THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY THAT COMPANY SHALL HAVE TO THE CUSTOMER, OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR WHOM THE CUSTOMER MAY BE ACTING, ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE, ACT, OMISSION OR OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE SERVICES FEE OR FEES PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE SERVICES ORDERED PURSUANT TO THIS SUMISSION FORM. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THE APPLICABLE GUARANTEE IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS OR AGENTS, EXCEED THE FEES PAID OR PAYABLE TO COMPANY FOR THE SERVICES.
- Company compiles data regarding, and makes digital images of, items submitted for Services. In partial consideration for the performance of Services by Company pursuant to this Submission Form, Customer hereby authorizes Company to compile such data and make such images and agrees that Company shall have an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, unlimited, royalty-free right and license to use and commercialize such data and images for any purpose.
- The laws of Florida without regard to its choice of law principles shall apply to transactions and/or disputes between Company and any Customer. Each Customer agrees to (1) the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute of the state and/or federal courts located in, or serving Sarasota County, Florida; (2) not challenge such jurisdiction or venue; and (3) accept service by certified or registered mail.
- These terms and conditions, including the applicable GUARANTEE, constitute the entire agreement of Company and Customer (and any third party for whom Customer may be acting) regarding, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings (written or oral) between or among such parties relating to, the subject matter hereof; however, any existing dealer or collector agreement between Customer and Company shall remain in effect, and the terms of such agreement(s) are hereby incorporated by reference. In the event of a conflict, these terms and the current applicable Guarantee shall prevail. If any term or condition is determined, by a final and non-appealable ruling or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, to be invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any of the other terms and conditions hereof.
The Comic Doctor (hereinafter referred to as “TCD”) has agreed to submit your comics to the Certified Grading Company (CGC) on your behalf. In submitting comic books, you, the customer, acknowledge and agree to the terms and conditions outlined below:
- When presenting/shipping comic books to TCD, the client/ customer will ensure that the book(s) are safely and securely packed and adequately insured for the proper value of the book(s). This is the sole responsibility of the client.
- Customer shall complete all submission information on the Submission Form, and package and ship all items, in accordance with the instructions on the Submission Form. Customer represents and warrants to TCD that the insured value set forth on the Submission Form represents Customer’s good faith belief as to the market value of the item.
- Customer agrees to pay TCD all Services fees at the time of submission OR within 30 days of submission if instructed by TCD, or any of his employees, assigns, sub-contractors or business partners/associates. If payment is being made by credit card, Customer agrees that Company may charge all Services fees to the credit card upon receipt of this Submission Form. Unpaid balances shall accrue interest at the rate of 1.0% per month until paid. Customer hereby grants to Company a security interest in the items submitted to secure payment of any Services fees.
- TCD, or any of his employees, assigns, sub-contractors or business partners/associates, will not be held responsible or liable for any damage suffered by your book(s), or loss of such book(s), during transport, handling, or otherwise. Any attempt(s) by TCD, its employees, sub-contractors, assigns, or business partners/ associates to recognize such loss is made without accepting responsibility for such damage or loss, and is not an acknowledgement of fault for such damage or loss.
Furthermore, by signing the electronic signature in the specified area on the this Submission Form, you, the client/ customer, acknowledges that they have read and understand all of the enumerated terms and conditions, authorizes TCD, his employees, sub-contractors, assigns, or business partners/ associates to proceed with submitting your comic books to CGC and assumes any and all risks as outlined or otherwise, and indemnifies TCD from any damage or liability that may result as a product of this engagement.