Why ship your comics to me and not the other guy?
- You can trust me with your comic books. Aside from being an avid comic book collector and preserver, I am also a secondary school teacher. I am member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT), and as such, am bound by the professional standards outlined by the college. Members of the OCT, in their position of trust, demonstrate responsibility in their relationships with students, parents, guardians, colleagues, educational partners, other professionals, the environment and the public. It would simply not be in my best interest to behave dishonestly.
- I have pressed and cleaned thousands of comic books and have offered this service to other collectors since 2013.
- I am available to speak by phone. Email is wonderful, but it is always reassuring to know that the person handling your comic books is available to speak with you should the need arise. And although I do not have a toll-free number, I am more than happy to make the call from my end. If you want to discuss the pressing and cleaning process prior to making a decision, I would be more than happy to speak with you as well.
- Simply put: I do good work. Read the testimonials and view the galleries.
- My prices are very competitive. Also, since my prices are in Canadian dollars, you save even more with the current exchange rate.
- If you send 10 books or more, I will provide a 20% bulk discount rate.
I Am Insured
Each customer has varying needs: Some have dozens of books that when packaged together are quite valuable, while others have one or two comic books that are valuable all on their own. Whatever the case maybe for you, rest easy knowing that your comics are insured while in my care. In fact, return shipping insurance is even covered, which is quite a savings considering USPS & Canada Post charge an arm and a leg for this service. Since a $1000 deductible is in effect, customers may wish to purchase this amount from USPS/ Canada Post when I arrange return shipping for them. Customers must submit a Comic Book Value form (will be sent to customers with the submission package) when initially submitting books. Also, in order for the insurance to be in place, customers must also sign for their comic books upon delivery back to them.
You Don’t Pay Until the Job is Done
I will inform you once your books have arrived. I will then place your books in cue for service. Upon completion, you will receive an email indicating that the work is done. I will also let you now at this time whether or not certain books were excluded from pressing and why. This email will include your invoice balance, with return shipping costs included. Once payment is made via PayPal, a tracking number will be issued and the books shipped by the next business day.
USPS Rates & Shipping to and from Canada
USPS rates to Canada from the United States are very reasonable. These rates include tracking to Canadian destinations. I have been shipping packages to the United States for years, and have honestly never encountered a problem. I have also received countless items from U.S. sellers (we all love eBay) with no issues. Aside from USPS, you may also choose to employ FedEx, UPS or another service. Which ever you choose, full tracking is available to my location (postal code L1K2W7). I am located just 30 minutes east of Toronto in Oshawa, Ontario. Oshawa is a great city with all the amenities and services one could ask for. Know that your books are being sent directly to me and not a P.O. Box or an understaffed postal outlet. All of the carriers mentioned above also provide insurance should you wish to insure your books.
All parcels will be returned to customers in the USA using FedEx Ground service. This service has proven to be not only safe and reliable, but economical as well.
When comics are being sent for pressing and/or cleaning. It is important to inform customs why the books are being sent in the first place. I will provide an invoice for you to place in the package with your comics which indicates that the comics are being sent to Canada for preservation service, and that the books will be returned to you, the owner, once the service is completed. I will, of course, ensure that similar documentation is included with your return package, to ensure no delays are encountered or duty fees charged.